I confess, my initial reaction to news of the BlackBerry Passport release was wonder and some snickering. Had those folks up in Waterloo lost their minds? What on earth could they be thinking releasing such an odd looking phone?
And then Passports start shipping to customers and feedback was generally good. Bored with most current phones, I’d recently returned to my trusty BlackBerry Q10. And when the unlocked Passport went back on sale on Amazon for $599, I picked one up.
So, now that I have a Passport, what do I think?
• The screen is bright and gorgeous. It doesn’t feel cramped like so many phone screens
• The keyboard isn’t as odd to type on as some pro reviewers made it out to be
• The capacitive element of the keyboard is innovative and inspired
• BlackBerry Os 10.3 adds nice enhancements and bridges gaps I’d previously experienced. Audible android app works great so I can listen to audiobooks anywhere. My fitbit flex band syncs nicely with the fitbit android app, which is great for tracking my workouts.
• Sound through the speakerphone speaker is loud and rich
So far, so good! I’ll post additional thoughts after I’ve used the phone a bit more.
By the way, I typed this review on my Passport.